Thread: (Possibly) Sick Fukien Tea Bonsai

Bonsai Apprentice

(Possibly) Sick Fukien Tea Bonsai

I received my tree as a gift about 1.5 months ago. I have been doing my best to research and properly care for the tree, including: watering thoroughly after top inch or so of soil becomes dry, humidity tray, applying half strength liquid fertilizer every 1-2 weeks (after watering), pruning as needed. The only major concern I had with caring for the plant was if it got enough sunlight or not, however, the first few weeks after getting the plant I had several new areas of growth and it seemed to be doing quite well. Today when checking the plant I noticed several small dead, dried up leaves that had fallen off of the plant. My real concern came when I found a larger leaf with some spots/scaling on it. I am worried that the tree has some sort of disease or infestation, but I haven't had any luck when researching online. I'm hoping someone has seen something similar or has an idea of what might have caused this. I have looked at the rest of the leaves and don't see anything similar, just some white scaling. I would greatly appreciate any advice or insight you might have!

Super Moderator
    Leaves do die. I don't think there is anything wrong. They are notoriously difficult to keep alive let alone grow in an indoor environment. It needs as much light as possible as houses are lacking in light. You need to buy a book and find out how to look after this plant. You are adding fertilise too often I think, I would cut down to once a month only.