Thread: Please Help! 18 year old bonsai dead?

Bonsai Apprentice

Unhappy Please Help! 18 year old bonsai dead?

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and I am new to bonsai trees. A year ago my boyfriend bought me a 17 year old Jade Bonsai tree, and it was amazing! I didn't really know anything about Bonsai trees or how to care for them, but it did come with care instructions. It said that I should water it every 2 weeks, so I did. After a few months it started to lose leaves, and it just kept losing leaves. Then I read online that I should try to dry it out so I did and it started to look better.

But about 3 months ago it started to go down hill. And now it just looks dead. I don't know if it is too far gone or if it can be saved! I am really hoping that I can somehow bring it back. I wanted to attach pictures, but I can't figure out how. It has no leaves! And, the whole thing is like squishy and wrinkly. Maybe I over-watered it? But, I haven't watered it in a few weeks! I don't know what to do! Please, any help would be appreciated!!!!

Super Moderator
    Sounds like it is dead. You have been seriously underwatering by the sound of it. You must never water to a schedule, when the soil is almost dry water. That could be 2 or 3 times a week or lesss it depends on the temperature sun etc.