Thread: Help me identify this Bonsai!

Bonsai Apprentice

Smile Help me identify this Bonsai!

Hello!
    My sister bought a bonsai recently, and it's not doing so well. Most of the leaves were dry and fell off shortly after bringing it home, but the remaining leaves are supple and lively, and a healthy dark green. So it's not dead yet! She re-potted it and took out the glued on dead moss and aquarium rocks.
    We just need to figure out what species it actually is, so we can find the specific ways to make it a happy bonsai again. Here's a link to a photo, I cant seem to get the insert image to work on the thread here, but click here and take a look;
    Jill's Bonsai
    So thank you very much in advance, I hope someone can help us identify this.

Super Moderator
    It is a near dead plant and the best thing you can do is take it back and demand your money back. It is not bonsai, and I can't tell what species it is. It is in such a poor condition that it is not worth trying to keep alive.

Bonsai Apprentice
    it could be a fukien tea ... it is also call Carmona retusa (Wild Tea) and the reason why it is mostly probable that it is what you got in hand is that because it is like the ficus retusa a good specie for beginner ... take good care of it your tree is gonna be awesome !!

Super Moderator
    The plant was near dead when you got it, Fukien Tea is not the easiest species, and is fussy about being moved. Look for a tree you can keep where they belong outside not in.

Looks like the place you bought from was trying to pull a fast one. Still I wouldn't give up on it.

Super Moderator
    If it was recently that it was bought then you should return it and demand money back. These people should not be allowed to get away with this kind of disgraceful selling.