Thread: Bonsai Album for PC - productivity app

Bonsai Album for PC - productivity app

I've started a separate thread for my forthcoming app, since I thought it might get overlooked in the iOS app thread.

Bonsai Album is an app to organize your collection of bonsai and pots. It's currently available on Mac and iOS, and now I'm busily working on a PC version.

While you might be getting by with a spreadsheet or notebook, this app is a fully-fledged database, and it's a whole lot more interactive than anything else. It includes some additional features over and above the iOS version, like photo organization, printing, and enhanced search capabilities. You’ll also be able to transfer data between the PC and iOS versions over WiFi.

I plan to localize the app into multiple languages, including English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Portuguese. While I'd like support for all these languages in the first version, it may take longer than expected.

You can find out more about the app, including the first screenshot, in today's blog post.

The Windows PC version of Bonsai Album is almost complete! I'll be spending the next week or two localizing the app into various languages (Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Portuguese) and tidying up a few odds and ends, then it'll be ready for Beta testing.

If you're interested, or have some friends who are also interested in bonsai, you might want to sign-up to the Bonsai Album for PC mailing list on my site. Not only will you be notified the instant the app is released, but you can also have an early peek when the Beta test starts.

The PC version of Bonsai Album is now available! For more information, check out today's post, Introducing Bonsai Album for PC.

The Bonsai Album for PC v2.0.0.0 update is now available direct from my website. This version includes:

- Increased photo resolution when adding new photos.
    - Added Extra-Large photos option for the Bonsai Report feature.
    - Log photos are now automatically added to the associated Bonsai and Pot.
    - New Bonsai fields: ID, In Collection, Value, Sell Price, Fertilizer, Location, Weight, Light, Temperature, Medium.
    - Bonsai Source field is now an editable text field.
    - New Pot fields: ID, In Collection, Value, Sell Price, Weight, Location.
    - Added Semi-Cascade Pot shape.
    - Pots can now be sorted by shape.
    - Bonsai and Pot lists now show ID field and In Collection state.
    - Bonsai and Pots can now be hidden if not in your collection.
    - Added barred snowflake icon for Bonsai with Winter Indoors set to Yes.
    - Bonsai search can now filter trees needing Winter Indoors by starting to search for "Winter Indoors".
    - Value statistic now takes the new Value fields into account.
    - Added Apply button to Info windows.
    - Increased photo caption font size.
    - Added table right-click context menu.
    - Added Duplicate Item feature.
    - Bug fixes.

Enjoy!

Super Moderator
    I have been using this for somee time and it is very good. Not checked all the new bits so I will have to sooh,
    Geoff.