+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi old friends!! im back!

Bonsai Apprentice orchidman is on a distinguished road orchidman's Avatar

Hi old friends!! im back!

Hi everyone!!! i used to be pretty active here a while ago but then i got out of the hobby for a while. well like any other hobby, you cant get out for good, so im back already seems like the forum is more active then before!!

i recently started getting re-interested in the hobby when one of my friends mom (who is a hort teacher) asked me to participate in a workshop with Nature's Way because she had an extra space. The workshop was for a school, so the stock they brought was pretty pathetic. I would post pictures of the tree i styles, but im embarrassed to even post it! lol! but in 10-15 years, it will look awesome!

but im glad i got interested in the hobby again! but im still a broke teenager :P

Bonsai Expert JesRdKing is on a distinguished road JesRdKing's Avatar
    Welcome back, I did the Hornbean Forest Workshop the Saturday before the school was going to be there Monday. What did you all work with?
    Let us mount up with wings and soar like Eagles in his name. Thank You God for all that you have given me

Administrator SlimGenre has disabled reputation SlimGenre's Avatar
    welcome back orchidman, stick around for a while, huh

Move at the speed of the tree
    - BonsaiZombie

Quote Originally Posted by JesRdKing View Post
    Welcome back, I did the Hornbean Forest Workshop the Saturday before the school was going to be there Monday. What did you all work with?
    did you? how was it? lets see a picture!!

are you going to the open house? id love to meet you!! i think im going to try to do the tropic workshop with Yamil Coli-somethinoranother that they are having come in for the open house... only $65!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimGenre View Post
    welcome back orchidman, stick around for a while, huh

ill try! i always seem to forget to chek here!

Yes was pretty good There was 9 or 10 of us doing the Workshop. I was kinda disappointed thou because Jim was doing the Workshop and had to step out a couple times because of getting some High dollars tree's in for the Syposium this past weekend. I had a lot on my mind that day and Bonsai was the last thing on it. So my Day there wasn't really the best which really upsets me that I actually let other stupid stuff keep interfearing with my escape. Here's the pictures of the Forest 1st is day brought home and the 2nd picture was just taken Saturday.
    Attached Images
    Let us mount up with wings and soar like Eagles in his name. Thank You God for all that you have given me

I'm getting married for the 2nd time to my wife on 12th, this is going to be the Formal wedding was waiting for my bro to come in from TX but now he's not going to be able to make it in July so we rescheduled it for the 12th. I keep giving her a hard time about I done married you once you think I'm going to do it again lol. She knows thank God that I'm only teasing her and giving her a hard time. I have a Wedding to DJ now this Saturday so I'm not going to be able to make DC until Sunday and hopefully I can manage to squeeze that in. I really hate to miss it again this yr. Jes

I will try tio get a better close up without the other distractions going on the next sunny day we get.

Bonsai Apprentice craig1985 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
    seems like the forum is more active then before!!
    Would hate to of seen what it used to be like then lol.

awesome jess!!! it looks great! not fond of the pot though... awesome about your wedding!! if you need a photographer, hit me up im definitely doing that workshop by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by craig1985 View Post
    Would hate to of seen what it used to be like then lol.
    lol it was SLOW!

went to the workshop today, it was GREAT! Yamil Collazo is SUPER nice! i ended up with a nice shohin ficus, im super happy with it! and i also got a cutting (3" "trunk") from a ficus he was styling, it has awesome movement and branches so if it roots well, it will be awesome! pictures coming soon!

+ Reply to Thread