Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Growing trees for forests.

I also plan on putting a couple forests together this year. Couple of normal ones and one with a large chinese elm and a grove of some small seiju elms by it in the pot also. Kind of like a big old mother elm and babies. Kind along the lines of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice forest Mike

I thought it was cool looking and somewhat different. Maybe use this for the big tree.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah that would work really well

Planting trees is a pretty nice job, I just wish I could own more time each day to get their gardens.

Deep in the forest are two trees growing together. A beech, and a birch.
    One day, a small tree begins to grow between them. The birch says to the beech, "Do you think that's a son of a birch or a son of a beech?"
    The beech says "I don't know if that's a son of a birch or a son of a beech."
    Just then a woodpecker landed on the small sapling. The birch asked the woodpecker, "Woodpecker, you're a tree expert. Is that tree you're on a son of a birch or a son of a beech?"
    The woodpecker pecked the sapling a few times then looked up at the birch and the beech. "This sapling is neither a son of a birch or a son of a beech. It is, however, the best piece of ash I've stuck my pecker into before."